What is the expected utility of this investment?

Suppose an investment has three possible outcomes. There is a 30% chance that it brings a profit of 22,500. There is a 30% chance that it brings a profit of 10,000. There is a 40% chance that is brings a profit of 0. What is the expected profit (or expected value of the profit) for this investment?2. Continue to suppose an investment has three possible outcomes. There is a 30% chance that it brings a profit of 22,500. There is a 30% chance that it brings a profit of 10,000. There is a 40% chance that is brings a profit of 0. Suppose a decision makers utility function can be described by U(w)=w^0.5. What is the expected utility of this investment?3. Continue to suppose an investment has three possible outcomes. There is a 30% chance that it brings a profit of 22,500. There is a 30% chance that it brings a profit of 10,000. There is a 40% chance that is brings a profit of 0. Suppose a decision makers utility function can be described by U(w)=w^0.5. What is this investment’s certainty equivalence for this decision maker?

 

"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get a Discount!

Place New Order
It's Free, Fast & Safe

"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get a Discount!

Hey, wait!You Don't want to miss this offer!

Before you go, let us offer you a 20% discount coupon for your next purchase.