Describe the nurses you interviewed.
research question development paper
Research Question Development Paper
There are potential research studies everywhere. Anytime you care for patients, you may wonder if you are doing the best thing for them, if you are doing things the best way, or if there are other interventions that would work better for your patients. This assignment will help you identify potential research studies of interest to you.
Think about nursing skills that you have learned. Were you taught how to do the skills the way your instructors were taught, or were you taught how to do them because research has shown that patients have better outcomes when they are done that way What questions do you have about the procedures or interventions
1. Identify potential areas for research.
2. Link nursing practice to research questions.
3. Complete the first step of a literature review.
For this assignment, you will identify 1 question you have about aspects of your nursing practice. You will write them as research questions and interview other nurses to find out if they would be good research topics.
To prepare your paper:
Identify 1 question you have about nursing practice. Select an area of interest or that need additional study.
Consider the following example:
Another student worried about the effects of soaking the feet of diabetic patients during nail care. It seemed to him that soaking his patients’ feet dried them out even more, putting them at increased risk for infection.
Write research question.
3. To establish face validity approach 2 registered nurses who work in the area of your research inquiry. Ask each of the nurses the following:
Are they aware of any research in this area
b. Would research on this topic be helpful to practice
4. Using the feedback you received from the nurses you interviewede, revise your question.
When writing the Research Question Development Paper:
State the original question and briefly describe why you chose this topic.
Describe the nurses you interviewed. Do not give their names, but include their jobs and familiarity with research.
Summarize the feedback they gave you.
4. State the revised research questions. Identify the variables and the target population. You will utilize this question to complete your Literature Review and your Incorporating Evidence-Based Practice Project.