What are some of the common mistakes that people make in dissertation writing?
Common Mistakes in Dissertation Writing
A dissertation is a final assessment that a student submits before graduation. Dissertation writing is a demanding and grueling process that leads students to the point of quitting. Despite their burdensome nature, dissertations have many benefits to students that include:
- Contribution to your final grades: A dissertation that is up to the required standards greatly contributes to your final grade. It shows that you have an in-depth understanding of your area of study.
- Improves your research ability: The dissertation writing process involves reading numerous books, articles, journals, and other materials. This leads to you identifying your area of interest, which will, in turn, give you the enthusiasm to explore it further. What emanates is the improvement of your research skills.
- Increase your employability: The purpose of a dissertation is to solve a problem and advance a particular field of study. By doing these, you may attract potential employers and increase your employment prospects.
As seen, a dissertation writing is a pretty big deal. Its overwhelming nature leads to students making a number of serious mistakes. We know what these mistakes are through years of offering coursework writing services to undergraduate, graduate, master’s, and Ph.D. students. We are going to highlight them for you so that you can avoid them. They include:
- Failure in conducting thorough research
The foundation of any dissertation is in-depth research. Superficial research and analysis is a sure way to doom your dissertation writing process as well as the final document. By thoroughly researching your topic, you will get more information and resources to write a better and impactful dissertation.
- Not communicating with your instructor.
One of the biggest mistakes that students make is this one. Your instructor knows what a good dissertation entails, and he/she knows exactly what he needs to see in your dissertation. You will save a lot of time (in the research and writing process) and achieve better grades when you consult your instructor.
Plagiarism refers to the act of copying or “stealing” someone else’s thoughts and ideas and presenting them as your own. The consequences of plagiarism are severe, including failure, suspension, or dismissal from the academic program. Universities have sophisticated antiplagiarism engines that check for plagiarized material in dissertations. How do you avoid plagiarism in your dissertation?
- Paraphrase – Restate the ideas and thoughts in your own words while keeping the same essence.
- Proper referencing – When you copy-paste content, you should quote it with inverted commas, and the author’s name should be included as well.
- Citation – When you find relevant information from books, journals, or other sources, you should promptly cite it by including the name, title, page number, and paragraph number.
- Use plagiarism checkers – There are many tools that you can use to check for plagiarism in your dissertation.
- Lack of planning
Waiting until the last minute to start writing your dissertation is a terrible idea. This will lead to a tremendous amount of pressure that will cause you anxiety and stress. It is vital that you plan accordingly, even if it means dedicating two hours per day to your dissertation. Have a timeline for the completion of specific tasks. This will make the whole process easier, and it will help you write a better dissertation.
- Bad topic selection
Your dissertation topic should be something that you are interested in (and it should be something that arouses your interest for a long time). This is why: If you are not invested in your topic, you will not enjoy the research process (which is arduous and long) and will struggle with the enthusiasm required in the dissertation writing process.
- Lack of structure
Your dissertation should be correctly structured. A proper dissertation should contain the following: Abstract, Introduction, Literature Review, Research Methodology, Results or Findings, Conclusions, and Final Hypothesis and References and Citation Chapter. Organize your dissertation correctly and use subheadings to show the progression of your thoughts and ideas.
- Spelling and grammatical mistakes
After writing your dissertation go through it again and again while checking for any errors. You can give it to a colleague or a friend for them to read and edit. You can also pass it along to a professional paper writer for them to refine your work.
- Jargon and long sentences
Your dissertation will involve a lot of jargon words. Please do not assume that everyone understands them; therefore, explain what they mean. Anyone should be able to understand what your dissertation entails. Students today are juggling multiple responsibilities such as work, family, and academics. Therefore, they may not be adequately prepared to write their dissertations. That is where our academic writing service comes in. We offer custom dissertation writing services to undergraduate, graduate, and master’s students in the UK, USA, Australia, and Canada.
When you seek our services, you are guaranteed the following:
- Revision policy – In case something is amiss with your dissertation, we will revise it for free, for an unlimited number of times until you are satisfied.
- Security – All your transactions with us are highly confidential and well secured. Your personal information is not shared with anyone.
- Antiplagiarism – We have a stringent antiplagiarism policy to ensure authenticity and originality. All dissertations are thoroughly screened for plagiarized material before being returned to the customer.
- Timely delivery – We take your deadlines seriously. We will write your dissertation and return it promptly.
- Customer support – Our customer support is available 24/7 to take care of any queries or concerns that you may have.
- Originality – All dissertations are written from scratch, which means they are authentic and original. Our dissertations are not resold. Therefore what you get is yours and yours only.
- Affordable pricing – Our professional academic writing services are affordable and reasonably priced. Buying a dissertation from us will not cost you an arm and a leg.
- Expertise – Our research paper writers are among the best in the world. Competent, highly trained, and well-experienced, they will write you a highly customized dissertation that will make sure you score the high grades you deserve.